Louisiana Bar Associations
Louisiana has over 18,000 actively licensed attorneys that practice law in numerous areas. The majority of attorneys in Louisiana work in small private law firms in areas like tax law, immigration law, family law, contract law, and employment law. Due to the large amount of variation in practice, specializations, and experience it can become difficult to decipher which attorney is best to address your needs.
One way to determine which attorney is right for you is to review bar associations, which are organizations of attorneys located throughout Louisiana. Most bar associations are formed based on the location, usually city or county, but others are organized by attorney specializations. In order to assist you in your search we have provided not only a comprehensive list of bar associations located in Louisiana but also a short description and contact information for each association.
- Association for Women Attorneys
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association - New Orleans Chapter
- Jefferson Bar Association
- Lafayette Parish Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Counsel
- Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Shreveport Bar Association
- Southwest Louisiana Bar Association